8 finished quilts in time for the Fair

8 Finished Quilts
8 hanging sleeves added
8 quilt labels added
1708 inches of binding done by hand.


Last year I was asked if I would be submitting my quilts into the Nevada County Fair. It wasn't something I had even thought about. At that point, there wasn't time to do anything. However, I decided that for 2023, I would enter some.

As I made quilts in the last year, I kept this in the back of my mind.

For the last two months, I've been finishing my quilts and getting them ready. This required attaching hanging sleeves to the back of each. Although not required, I added labels as well.

Originally, I thought I could only enter one item per category. But, in the 2023 Fair Handbook, there was no limit. As such, I have entered a total of 8 quilts (4 wall hangings and 4 full size quilts) and will drop them off tomorrow.


Next week I will be visiting my quilts at the Fair to see if they receive any awards.

Every quilt tells a story. This is the story of sharing eight of my quilts with Nevada County.


Every Quilt Tells A Story
Whether it is the fabrics chosen, the design, the colors, the occasion, the recipient, or the people I quilt with, every quilt tells a story. This blog captures in images and words what has been created for others and for my own home through the hum and stitching of my sewing machine.

Comments