Every quilt has a unique story

Why blog about quilts?

Why blog about quilts?

As a little girl, I loved making doll clothes and sewing for others. In 2017, I dusted off my sewing machine that hadn't been touched for years except for the occasional mending project. A friend invited me over to quilt for the first time. With my first project of a table runner, I started my quilting journey and have been growing in my craft ever since. 

Now, I'm blogging about it.

We each have a unique life story filled with experiences different from others.

The projects I craft record a moment in time when they were brought to life. Each with a unique story.

This blog site is a record of the various projects customized for family and friends. Documenting my quilts and stories of creation has been in the back of my mind for some time.

On a practical note, a blog provides a landing place rather than just a "photo folder" on my phone. The blog's tag feature allows me to pull up completed projects in an organized manner.  Yes, I love organization!

But most of all, I do not want the story behind the things I've made to be lost. Whether it is the fabrics chosen, the design, the colors, the occasion, the recipient, or the people I quilt with, each marks time. This blog captures in images and words what has been created through the hum and stitching of my sewing machine.

Encouraged by family to write yet stories lay dormant. However, writing about my quilts and handmade gifts - now, those are stories that must be shared!

I told my husband, "I don't need another project, so why am I blogging?  In a small way, I am using the writing gifts God has entrusted to me.




My husband found this hand crank Singer sewing machine at a garage sale and serviced it. I'm confident it would work if we could find a belt for it. I wish I knew more about the life of this old machine and the woman whose hands pushed a feed sack through to make a dress or add patches to her husband's overalls.  For now, it brings a smile to my face when I walk by it every day.

Every quilt tells a story. This is the story of why I'm writing this blog.


Every Quilt Tells a Story
Whether it is the fabrics chosen, the design, the colors, the occasion, the recipient, or the people I quilt with, every quilt tells a story. This blog captures in images and words what has been created through the hum and stitching of my sewing machine.

Comments