A Tisket-A Tasket-A Flower Basket


A Tisket, A Tasket, a Flower Basket
Top Completed - April 2020
Not yet quilted

I found a YouTube video by Missouri Star Quilt with a May Basket Quilt. I liked how it looked old fashioned and decided to make one for myself.

I already have several blues and grey fabrics in my fabric scraps from other quilts. I began collecting additional fabrics to supply the rest, no problem since I can always use these colors in a quilt.

It was suggested in the video to use a Clearly Slotted Perfect Trimmer. By sewing together 2 1/2 " jelly roll strips on both sides and then using the perfect trimmer, you can make half-square triangles that are exactly 3 inches squared. I must say, I liked how the ruler works. My squares came out almost perfect each time.

This was a lot of fun as I could see the flower baskets coming together.

The quilt top has been pin-basted but I'm waiting to quilt it until I can learn to Free Motion Quilt it. In the meantime, I am collecting quilting motif ideas. My plan is to have maybe 4 quilt motifs for the baskets and then 4 motifs for the flowers. We shall see how it ends up.

Every quilt tells a story. This is the story of learning about a new quilting tool, and a new quilt block - flower basket.



Every Quilt Tells A Story
Whether it is the fabrics chosen, the design, the colors, the occasion, the recipient, or the people I quilt with, every quilt tells a story. This blog captures in images and words what has been created for others and for my own home through the hum and stitching of my sewing machine.

Comments