We interrupt our Christmas quilting for a baby quilt

A Quilt for Henry/Shelby
39" x 39"
Finished October 2019


At the news that Shelby (a former co-worker) was pregnant, I got busy looking for a quilt idea for her coming baby in December.

I'm still in the early days of quilt learning. A disappearing nine-patch will work quite well, I think. More complicated in appearance than simple squares or diamonds, yet easy enough for me.

I found a cute aqua & grey print with kangaroos, platypuses, crocodiles, and echidnas.

I hope to one day learn to free motion quilt but for now I'm content to stitch in the ditch.

I had so much fun creating and gifting this baby quilt for Shelby and her coming baby Henry.

Every quilt tells a story. This is the story of making my first baby quilt.


Every Quilt Tells A Story
Whether it is the fabrics chosen, the design, the colors, the occasion, the recipient, or the people I quilt with, every quilt tells a story. This blog captures in images and words what has been created for others and for my own home through the hum and stitching of my sewing machine.


Comments